to Main Page
The Ubly Board of Education has adopted a Parent
Involvement Plan to increase parent
participation (including Title I Programs) within
our school district which includes Ubly Elementary and Ubly Junior/Senior High.
The Plan is:
Goal I: To increase parent involvement
and knowledge in their student(s)
- Arrange flexible scheduled parent/teacher conferences and
- Schedule at least two (2) student conferences annually with the
teachers to inform
parents of their
- Send weekly folders home with Elementary students to keep
parents abreast of
- Provide opportunities for discussion between parents,
administrators, and staff to
address problems and
find solutions for students having difficulties, either
- Use of homework hotline to inform parents of various
assignments and activities.
- PowerSchool software to enable parents to view their childŐs
grades and attendance.
- Provide students with individual assessment results, reading
reports, and report
Goal II: To increase parent involvement
in school through the use of multiple
lines of communication.
- Maintain a consistent, district-wide effort to communicate
regularly with parents.
- Publish district and school newsletters informing parents about
involvement plan and
other events at the school.
- Send a positive invitation to parents, through newsletters to
participate in various
- Make calls, use e-mail letters as needed for teachers and
administrator to communicate with parents.
- Place announcement on the districtŐs cable television channel.
- Provide parenting classes on a yearly basis.
Goal III: To increase parent participation
in school improvement groups/
- Form advisory groups of parents to help review, plan, and
improve the school.
- Improvement team composed of parents, teachers, administrators,
(when appropriate) to
review and develop a School Improvement Plan.
continued positive partnerships between the school and parents.